The embossing machine is one of the indispensable tools when making crafts. If you like crafts like scrapbooks, costumes, cakes, and greeting cards, then an embossing machine is what you need. As well as other handmade tools, embossing machines are widely sold in many retail stores.
However, how to choose a good embossing machine while having too many different brands? It is hard to find a machine that is both quality and economical. This is a concern for many DIY lovers. Realizing that, in this article, we will give you some information about embossing machines and how to choose a good machine. Hope this article will be useful to you. Come on, let’s get started now.
1. What is the embossing machine?
The embossed unit is a highlight of the modern way of manufacturing. Usually, one will use a set of molds to push a complete design into the metal to create embossed cards. However, with a embossing machine, you can easily paste individual letters into separate materials.
This product can help you to produce unique and beautiful crafts in no effort or time. It is quite suitable for people who often have to do manual jobs, especially girls.
2. What is embossing used for?
The embossing machine is a useful tool in making paper crafts such as envelopes, letterheads, paper gift bags, etc. With its innovative embossed design, your handmade products will become more attractive and attract more consumers. It can also be viewed as a bonus for those who want to trade in crafts.
3. Buying guide
Buying the right embossing machine for your intended use is not a simple thing. Distinguishing between many styles, sizes, capacities, brands can cost you all day. Therefore, based on a survey of products in the market, here are a few suggestions for you when buying embossing machines.
Although there are different types of embossing machines, they are generally divided into three main categories
- Manual die cutting machine: Usually use the handle to push the mold through while working. They have the advantage of creating an impression using an embossed mold. For this type of embossing machine, you do not need to connect it to a computer or an electrical outlet. It’s quite convenient for small projects or tech-savvy craftsmen.
- Embossing electronic machines: As the name implies, this machine needs to be connected to the sockets during operation. Since electricity is the only fuel source, it will be quite inconvenient if you want to work on days of a power outage. Therefore, make sure the current in your home is always stable.
- Computer operated die cutting machines: Some embossing machines need to be operated by the control of the computer. This is considered the most preeminent product available today. It allows your machine to operate with much higher accuracy than other products. It can be downloaded in any shape, design, and font; That allows you to diversify your designs. However, its downside is the need to be connected to the internet.
Each project type will require a different machine. Therefore, before making a purchase, you should carefully consider the needs of each project to determine the most suitable machine. It would be better if you choose a machine that can suit almost any project to save money.
Material types are also an important characteristic for determining the best machine for your project. If it’s a simple project with paper and vinyl, a basic machine should suffice. However, if you have more complex projects with a variety of materials, a dedicated embossing machine will be needed. In addition, the number of embossed patterns that the machine you intend to buy should also be kept in mind.
The next factor we want to mention is the capacity of the embossing machine. The capacity of the machine needs to meet the needs of the project you want to create. A good embossing machine must be big enough to hold different paper and materials. This is very important especially when you have many different projects. A larger machine will have more options than other products. However, large sizes can also become a constraint when traveling or sharing with others.
And a very important factor that you cannot ignore is the product price. The great features and functions can get you excited, but not everyone has the budget to own it. If only for small projects and not used often, then a basic eyebrow is enough for you. However, if you have to use the machine regularly or for commercial projects, a high-end machine is still a top priority.
Easy to use
Surely no one wants to buy a machine without knowing how to use it. Among the products on the market today, there are a number of machines that are quite easy to use such as manual or automatic embossing machines. It does not require the user to have a lot of expertise or technique. Meanwhile, the computer-operated die-cutting machines are a bit more complicated.
The last factor on the list is compatibility when in use. The powder and dye you use need to be compatible with the embossing machine. Basically, each manufacturer of the embossing machine comes with its own dyes. You should not have too much trouble buying the specified dyes and powders.
A good embossing machine will help you make all your craft ideas come to life. Try to combine budget and art projects for the best choice. We hope with the suggestions above, you will soon choose a good embossing machine. Thanks for watching.